Exploring The Dandelion Insurrection: Love and Revolution
Join us for a free series of online video chats exploring Nonviolent Action for Community Change as described in Rivera Sun’s exciting novel entitled The Dandelion Insurrection. Participate via your mobile phone or computer. A link will be provided when you register. Note: If you’ve got a Kindle app installed on one of your devices, the quickest (and cheapest) way to get the book is via the ebook version.
What: All Ages Welcome Book Discussion featuring some Lessons from Nonviolent Theory and Practice. Please share this event flyer with others.
- Wednesday, March 30 – 7:30 pm
- Wednesday, April 6 – 7:30 pm
- Saturday, April 16 – 11:00 am (Rivera Sun, the author, will join us!)
- Wednesday, April 20 – 7:30 pm (See readings below)
- – Defense on the Streets – Stepping Into Conflict by George Lakey
- – Speaking from the Heart – an Introduction to Nonviolent Communication by Doro Kiley
- – Book Review of Bernie Mayer’s Beyond Neutrality by Chip Hauss
- see Slides from April 20 Session
- Full Session Recording (video)
- Wednesday, April 27 – 7:30 pm
Where: Online using zoom.us video chat software on Android, iOS and/or PCs. Get book chapter assignments and Meeting Link info after signup.
You Can Register HERE
“In a time that looms around the corner of today, in a place on the edge of our nation.”
Under a gathering storm of tyranny, Zadie Byrd Gray whirls into the life of Charlie Rider and asks him to become the voice of the Dandelion Insurrection. With the rallying cry of life, liberty, and love, Zadie and Charlie fly across America leaving a wake of revolution in their path. Passion erupts. Danger abounds. The lives of millions hang by a thin thread of courage, but in the midst of the madness, the golden soul of humanity blossoms . . . and miracles start to unfold!
This event is supported by the Dispute Resolution Program at Wayne State University’s Department of Communication