This series of professional development presentations is brought to you by students and faculty from the Master of Arts in Dispute Resolution Program, Wayne State University with support from Harper Woods Public Schools.
All sessions, held on Monday nights in March and April (March 24-April 21 2014), are free and open to the public. They will be held in the Media Resource Center Room (2nd Floor) at the Harper Woods High School, 20225 Beaconsfield Ave, Harper Woods, MI 48225.
A flyer about the series is available here: ESCRO Professional Development Flyer – Latest.
SCHEDULE of PRESENTATIONS
March 24 7:00-9:00pm HWHS
- Building Conflict Competencies Through Service Learning presented by Bill Warters, Ph.D (see slides)
- Getting to We: Consensus Decision-making presented by Philasean Benjamin
March 31 7:00-9:00pm HWHS
- Words as Windows or Walls: Exploring Nonviolent Communication presented by Deborah Abt (see slides)
- But Can it Heal? Restorative Justice Practices, Problems, and Potential presented by Jennifer Collard (see slides)
April 07 7:00-9:00pm HWHS
- Your Wits About You: Creative Responses to Potentially Dangerous Situations presented by Chris Powell
- Community Building via the Alternatives to Violence Program presented by Bill Warters, Ph.D
April 14 7:00-9:00pm HWHS
- Environmental Toxins and Conflict presented by Maureen Finn
- An ADRx Prescription for Healing Healthcare presented by Alan Fields
April 21 7:00-9:00pm HWHS
- Process Consulting with Organizations presented by Conan Smith
- Designing Whole Systems to Resolve Conflicts presented by Asim Khaliq