Update: Slides from this Session now available.
This workshop is about the importance of being aware of differences in cross cultural communication and then looking for strategies for enhancing the communication between cultures.
The main topics to be discussed are:
- Definition of cross cultural communication
- Main differences in cross cultural communication
- How to overcome cultural challenges
- Avoiding miscommunications and misunderstandings is essential to successfully cross cultural relations
- Guest speaker: Michael Gall, Peace Corps Recruiter for East Michigan tells some of his experience while volunteering for Peace Corps in Micronesia from 2007 to 2009.